We will be at the Brewery Artwalk, April 6 and 7, 11am to 6pm.
2020 North Main St., #235 (above Barbara's), Los Angeles
Our newest work will be a series of Dogwoods, in honor of Tennessee!
We are thrilled that our Cherry Blossom Triptych has found a home at a non-profit in Los Angeles that houses women who need support. It was so fun to deliver the painting and see how the room came alive. The large craftsman house has been lovingly restored, and provides a peaceful and healing atmosphere in the heart of the city.
We had a bit of a rough patch recently, meaning lots of shows, but few sales. This is discouraging because our work is costly to produce. Entering shows, buying booth space... it all adds up.
And then... The wonderful Tish Laemmle asked us if we could be ready in one week to do an exhibition at the Laemmle Royal Theater in West LA. Can we? of course! Tish loves our work, and it also sells through her curation, a big plus!
This show will be up through January and possibly into February of 2019. You can see it without buying a movie ticket, just tell them at the door. But why not see a movie, too?
Laemmle Royal, 11523 Santa Monica Blvd., West L.A., CA 90025
It's always a treat to have a collector send us photos of our work in their homes. This one sort of bowled us over!
Here's the partner to the Joshua Tree, in a different house.
Beverly Hills ArtSHOW the first weekend (set up 7am Saturday, pull down 6pm Sunday).
The Other Art Fair in Santa Monica the next weekend (set up Thursday morning, work four days, pull down Sunday evening).
The third weekend, a two-person show of our personal work on Friday night at Blue Azul Gallery in San Diego.
We've got a busy season ahead.
Daphne moved back to Tennessee to support family there, but we are forging ahead with our partnership. New paintings arrived a few weeks ago in the mail, a gorgeous desert collection. We're making new prints (many people have requested the "Blooming Cactus" as a print, and it's a little jewel).
Anna will do a small show at the 29 Palms Inn Oasis on Sept 15-16, the Joshua Tree National Park Art Exposition. Daphne will arrive for a whirlwind of shows in October: The Other Art Fair in Santa Monica, The Beverly Hills ArtSHOW, and a two person exhibition of our personal work at Blue Azul Gallery in San Diego. Hope to see you all at some point.
Anna and Daphne
(New prints on heavy watercolor paper waiting to be embellished. Our printer is Marshall Vanderhoof, we highly recommend him. At the Brewery Art Lofts in LA.)
We had a wonderful show at the Other Art Fair, and now are preparing for our two traditional shows in Spring:
The Brewery Artwalk
Saturday, April 7, 11am - 6pm
Sunday, April 8, 11am - 6pm
2020 North Main St., #235, Los Angeles
The Beverly Hills ArtSHOW
Saturday, May 19, 10am - 6pm
Sunday, May 20, 10am - 6pm
We are in space #336, on Crescent Dr. and Santa Monica Blvd.
Both are free, family friendly, and fun! We would love to see you there.
Feel free to write us through this website (contact) for more information.
Daphne and Anna
Hi Friends and Collectors of Hill&Stump:
We are excited to announce that we have been juried into "The Other Art Fair," presented by Saatchi Art, Downtown Los Angeles, March 15-18.
Hill&Stump will have a booth featuring our California inspired work (desert, chaparral, West Coast influenced trees and flowers). Of course, our other work can be made available with a bit of advance notice, just ask!
Here's the link to get into the fair for free:
Use code: AnnaStump
If you'd like to come to the opening event (free with RSVP) on Thursday night, March 15, 6-10pm, please click here:
You can also use this invitation:
The fair is at The Majestic Downtown, 650 South Spring Street, Los Angeles, CA 90014.
Best to rideshare, but there's parking within a few blocks.
Thanks and we hope to see you there!
Anna and Daphne
Recent and Upcoming:
• Solo Exhibition at Laemmle Royale, Winter 2018/19
• Daphne Hill and Anna Stump at Blue Azul Gallery, San Diego, November 2018
• Other Art Fair, Saatchi Art, LA, Spring 2018 and Santa Monica, Fall 2018
• Beverly Hills ArtSHOW, Spring and Fall 2018
• Joshua Tree Art Expo, Fall 2018
• University of California, San Diego, The Loft Exhibition, Fall 2017
• Brewery Los Angeles, Fall 2017
• Laemmle Monica, Spring 2017
• Miller Hull Architecture, Spring 2017
• Desert Arts Festival, Palm Springs, Nov 2016
• Room & Board Charity Event, Oct 2016
• La Playa Gallery, La Jolla, Oct 2016
• Beverly Hills ArtSHOW, Oct 2016
• Brewery Artwalk, Oct 2016
• Installation, HBPunto Experimental, Sept. 2016
• Art Produce Mural, May 2016
• Beverly Hills ArtSHOW, May 2016
• Brewery Artwalk, April 2016
• Laemmle Claremont, Spring 2016
• Sparks Gallery, Spring 2016
• Spectrum Miami, SCAA, Dec. 2015
• December Nights, San Diego Art Institute, Dec. 2015
• Beverly Hills ArtSHOW, Oct. 2015
• Brewery Artwalk, Oct. 2015
• Bunny Gunner Gallery, Joshua Tree, August 2015
• SCAA Opening, June 2015
• Joshua Treenial, Boxo Projects, May 2015
• Beverly Hills Artshow, May 2015
• Sparks Gallery, Spring 2015
• Brewery Artwalk, April 2015
• Laemmle Noho, Jan-March 2015
• EclectoMania Show, Nov. 2014
* Beverly Hills ArtShow, Oct. 2014
• Brewery Artwalk, Oct. 2014
• Art United LA World Wide Art Fair, Oct. 2014
• SCAA Opening, Sept. 2014
• Faculty Show, Grossmont College, Sept. 2014
• Faculty Show, San Diego City College, Sept. 2014
• Barrio Art Crawl, August 2014
• Shop, Lux Art Institute, Encinitas, in conjunction with artist in residence, June 2014
• ArtExpo SD (Comic Con), July 2014
• La Jolla Festival of the Arts, June 2014
• Beverly Hills ArtShow, May 2014
• "Spring, New Paintings," San Diego, May 2014
• Brewery Artwalk, April 2014
• "Gulf Labor," Southwestern College, March 2014
• Art Above San Diego, March 2014